Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feelin' Crafty!

Well our family has definitely been getting into the Christmas spirit! We have been doing all sorts of crafty things from baking Christmas cookies to painting ornaments! It has been so much fun and Kaitlyn has been loving it!!


The decorator!
Our beautiful cookies

I painted Kailtyn's arm and then her hands to make this reindeer, although when I showed it to Jon he said "oh that is a cute moose." I said a moose with a red nose? It is a reindeer, duh! :)
I made these ornaments for the kids to decorate, it was like making sugar cookie cutouts except you only use flour, salt, and water and they come out of the oven hard as a brick! The two gingerbread men I painted, and then I used the kids finger prints for buttons. Kate pained all the rest except for the yellow star which I painted first and then let Miles have at it with the blue paint!
Kaitlyn actually made this at school, isn't it so cute?! They used graham crackers instead of gingerbread. All she could do was talk about eating it and then when I finally let her, she wouldn't even take one bite!

1 comment:

rlrlrfamily said...

I love all your creativity. You've inspired me. I did the Rudolph, but Ryker hated the idea of getting messy so we did his feet and leg as quick as possible.