Friday, November 21, 2008
The Sweetest Sound to My Ears
So the other day Jon, Kate, Miles and I were in the car going to the mall, and this song "Mighty to Save" came on the radio. Kaitlyn loves this song, in fact every time it comes on she yells "mommy, its our song!" So naturally she did the same thing this time, so I started singing it and she joined in and then I faded out and turned the radio down a little, and when I did this, all I could hear was my little three year olds voice singing, "Savior, he can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, he is mighty to save". As I am listening to her sing this, tears welled up in my eyes and I looked over at Jon, and he had big tears in his as well. It was a moment that I will remember forever and a moment that is priceless to me. This is my little girl singing about her savior, I just pray that in the years to come she will still want to sing about Him. After the song was over I told her how pretty her voice was and how I loved hearing her sing, and she said "yeah, that song was about Jesus, I love Jesus, he's so cute mommy!" Then Jon looked over at me and said "I guess we are doing something right!" So anyway if you haven't heard this song, it is one of my favorites, listen to it and really listen to the words!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
That's amazing, Jill. I love that a 3 year old can make you stop for a moment and put everything in the right perspective. Thank God for little ones!!
This is so sweet! Even in her "wildness" she is so tender. I love that girl!
Post a Comment